Osteopaths use a variety of treatments within their consultation. At Southside we offer:
Articulation / Mobilisation
- Moving a joint within it’s range of motion to remove restrictions.
Muscle Energy Technique
- Using muscular contractions around a specific joint to remove restrictions in a joint or to stretch a muscle.
- Using a small quick movement to increase range of motion at a joint.
Trigger Point Dry Needling
- Using small acupuncture needles to release a trigger point in a muscle.
Fascial release / Myofascial release
- Using small, gentle movements to release tension in the connective tissues of the body.
- Using small, gentle movements with the osteopaths hands on the head, trunk, pelvis or limbs to promote healing.
- Click here for a snapshot summary statement on Cranial Osteopathy by the National Council For Osteopathic Research. (2013).
- With the hands on the abdomen, the osteopath aims to release connective tissue (fascia) tension around organs within the body.